Sunday, June 12, 2005

Podcast & Gay Pride

The two don't actually have anything to do with one another, but this is going to be a quick entry because 6 Feet Under is coming on soon and I've gotta be ready for it.

Saturday I went into the studio with Weezy and we recorded the first podcast. She's got pics of said event at flickr and possibly her website. I don't have the addresses for either at present but a quick Google search should yield results. The first two hours of the initial podcast were spent figuring out how to hook everything up correctly. We had Matt Hartley calling in from Washington and we could hear him but he couldn't hear us, and there was a lot of talk of input and output and sound engineer kind of stuff. But after a couple hours we were off and running.

I don't know how it turned out, but I can say I had a fun time recording it. Weezy and I amused ourselves and will hopefully amuse others who check it out. Subjects we touched upon: Testifying in the MJ trial, My BIG audition (could go absolutely nowhere), Flying body parts, Henry Winkler's fondness for me (word on the street is he likes me), Steve Jobs, Potato Chip Jesus and a bunch of other stuff. There were many tangents. I think it might go up in a few days, but I'm not doing any of the technical stuff so it depends on others.

Today, Sunday, I went to West Hollywood's Gay Pride Parade. I hate to say it, but I was a little bit disappointed. Last year around this time I was in San Francisco and went to its parade and San Francisco kicks West Hollywood's ass. Today, for example, there was no nudity whatsoever. In San Francisco there was nudity aplenty. Old nudity, young nudity, sunburned nudity... West Hollywood had a couple of floats, nothing that great; San Francisco had a ton of floats and a much more festive atmosphere and way hotter guys. And the WeHo parade was really short. Guy speculated that it may have something to do with the fact that LA is filled with actor boys who do actor boy things like bad cold readings and stuff.

I took a lot of pictures and I'll post some of them here. I sent some to my moblog from my cell phone as well. I wanted to post this entry from Flickr but I can't remember how I did it before.

There were a tiny amount of anti-gay protesters with megaphones and posters of the "God Hates Gays" variety. I took some pics of them as well.

It was an okay way to spend a day, but nothing compared to last year. Also, last year I tasted a pupusa for the very first time at the SF parade. Pupusas are yummy.

I'll see if I can send some pics over before 6 Feet Under starts.

2 comments:

Butternut said...

Further confirming my suspicion that all underwear models are gay.

asenetpro said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

This is a posting promoting music related info on my site code free music video site/blog. It pretty much covers recording related stuff. my site is free for all to list their event post classified ad and to just post forum for hard to find info and many other thing music related. So if you are a dj, musician, producer, manager, engineer, artist, singer, dancer or have anything music related please visit my site and join to post all your info

Joining is free for all list your site plus more

code free music video