Friday, December 30, 2005

7 Days Without DSL

It was tragic. I was stuck in a beach house (golf course house, technically) with no access to the Internet. Nothing. I brought my laptop with me thinking I'd be able to do some serious surfing and writing done and there was no signal. Bodega Bay is apparently not one of the U.S. cities looking to provide wireless Internet to its peoples. Crab and oysters, no problem. Wireless Internet? Go back to San Francisco.

The worst part of all is that when I returned home and fired up my computer, it was as if nothing had changed. I logged onto the sites I like to log onto and there was nothing that was new new. It was just a reminder that I waste A LOT of time online and it's almost unnecessary.

I took a ton of pictures so I'll upload them to my Flickr account at some point, maybe tonight or tomorrow.

And right now I'm going to try and do a little prep work for the podcast Weezy and I are recording today with guests Wyatt Cenac and Kelly Kurston, hilarious individuals both.

3 comments:

duboisist said...

Welcome home Swish.
It just means that nothing happens on the internet without you.
BTW, while you were gone Weezy just had to taunt the zoo animals.

Enadiate said...

Well, nothing related to you happened...

I had some high octane action; I got impersonated on the boards, yippee.

And I believe duckhunt sent you a message on Myspace, I didn't encourage him.

Glad to have you back.

Remember, if you don't like the news, go out and make your own!

Butternut said...

Nothing happens between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Oh, except gun shots, parking, shopping, crying, shouting, bank accounts shrinking, and broken dreams.

If you don't consume, the terrorists win.