Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Pi Day



















I just learned that today is Pi Day. How long have people been celebrating this mathtastic day? I can't believe I've missed out on Pi-related festivities all these years. I'll be honest. It doesn't feel good. It feels like the world has been keeping a big secret from me, and I only find out today, accidentally. I have a lot of catching up to do.

So, like, how are you supposed to celebrate Pi, and is it possible to celebrate math without having to actually do any math? Because that's how I'd like to celebrate. Maybe I could read a nice short story about math. Maybe I rent the first season of "NUMB3RS" on DVD. I don't know.

Suggestions?

2 comments:

FatalPierce said...

I think the proper way to celebrate is to wear a circle somewhere on your body, watch Darren Aronofsky's "Pi" and then hug a nerd.

Also celebrated today are Albert Einstein's birthday and Steak and BJ day

I have to wonder if the same crowd celebrats both Pi day and SaBJ day...

Butternut said...

It is my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Momma Butternut!