Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Armed Woman Strong-Arms Clothing Co.












A one-armed sales assistant was fired from Abercrombie & Fitch for refusing to hide her disabililty
from customers:
Dean claims that when she told A&F about her disability after getting the job, the firm agreed she could wear a white cardigan to cover the link between her prosthesis and her upper arm. But shortly afterwards, she was told she could not work on the shop floor unless she took off the cardigan as she was breaking the firm's "look policy". She told the tribunal that someone in the A&F head office suggested she stay in the stockroom "until the winter uniform arrives".
Unacceptable! Why would she refuse to work in the stockroom? When I go to the mall, I shouldn't have to witness other peoples' imperfections. When I get a corn dog from Hot Dog on a Stick, I want to look at beautiful employees. If these kinds of frivolous lawsuits are allowed to proceed, well, I don't even want to think about it. What's next? Breast cancer survivors working at Victoria's Secret? Am I right?!

Enough is enough.

4 comments:

tankboy2902 said...

Easy quiz, least unpleasant comedy, y'all had BETTER get this!:

A)

B)

C)

D)

E)

F)

G)

H)

I)

J)

K)

Answer: The one with the biggest tits!

(That would be C, Bueford.)

tankboy2902 said...

Why anyone would worship Jesus when Patton Oswalt is available is beyond me. He does Lord Of The Rings jokes, ferpattonssake!!

Laura Swisher said...

I think I like most of the comics in your multiple choice. There's one I can't stand, but I'm not saying which one.

Butternut said...

A guy at work has one leg. I never noticed it, he's always on crutches but wears long pants. Apparently he's using some sort of new fangled powered prosthetic knee thingy that provides resistance. So the other day we are at the company outing and the knee's batteries ran out of juice and he took a nose dive in the parking lot. Good times, oh how we laughed.

I'll take E. Loved the roast of Hugh Hefner/Ice-T. Squinting makes everything funnier, try it!

>< Aflac!