Thursday, August 06, 2009

"You Make Somebody a Bridesmaid and They Sh*t All Over You"



That's one of my favorite lines from "Sixteen Candles", one of the few movies I can actually quote. I think I was the last person in the office to read about the passing of John Hughes.

Very sad news. He's definitely in my pop culture pantheon of people whose work occupied a special place in my heart growing up. "Sixteen Candles", "Breakfast Club", "Weird Science", "National Lampoon's Vacation"...all classics.

He'll be missed.

2 comments:

"Z" said...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off has been my favorite movie for as long as I can remember. I learned a lot about John Hughes & Matthew Broderick from the commentary on the latest DvD. Thanks for the laughs John.

Butternut said...

Found this blog about J.H. John Hughes Pen Pal