Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Finally...a Place Where Women Can Be Naked

As a woman, I love vacationing in the nude. Love it. The reason I don't do it very often is, I think, fairly obvious: men are typically squeamish at the sight of a woman's naked or scantily-clad body. You see it all the time out here in Southern California, land of models and actresses. Men yell such hateful things to models as, "Put an oversized shirt on!" or "There are kids around!"

Fortunately, ladies, there's one country where we're welcomed. Italy. A recent poll determined that Italians aren't bothered by nudity on public beaches, and that 70% of Italians would sunbathe nude if others did as well.

And then there's this shocking revelation:
Women were more frequently bothered by nude sunbathing than men. Just over 40 percent of women said they did not like seeing other naked females on the beach, while just 5 percent of men shared their opinion about nude women.


Only FIVE percent of men would be bothered by seeing naked females on the beach. Wow. I had no idea Italian men were so open-minded and accepting of women. It almost brings tears to my eyes.

The only other country I can think of that even comes close to Italy in this regard is South Korea. They are not only tolerant of women in bikinis, they encourage it!

And here I thought I lived in the land of the free.

11 comments:

Butternut said...

Boobies, set them free! I'll march for that.

Saw boobies on the beach in Australia when I was a teenager. Woot!

America is waaaay too uptight in general. However, I really don't need to see naked dudes or extra large women on the beach. Or anywhere else for that matter. Save the whales... yeah, you know.

Man I gotta work out. Wedding season and all.

So... where do you go on vacation, Laura?

santana said...

I agree America is uptight. I dont think dudes care about getting naked, females may be more self conscious about that. I really dont care I'll get naked if theres a reason.

officialloversguide said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about web hosting directory in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about web hosting directory.
Thank you
TWP Admin

Emerald Web Hosting said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a cart hosting shopping web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

blog000111 said...

A lot of interest for your blog and a great deal of discussion. Great sites to surf private domain registration, domain name, domain reseller, au domain, free website, online business, home based business, electric scooter, xbox360!

James Baker said...

Hi Blogger!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
domain names center
It pretty much covers domain names center related issues.
Best regards!

Paul Adams said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a domain names center
site. It pretty much covers domain names center related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Paul Adams said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about domain names center.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
domain names center
I wish you all the best!

James Baker said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
domain names center
It covers domain names center related contents.
All the best!

Spindrift said...

Hi, I was surfing the internet and came across your blog. I'm quite impressed , with how it makes such good reading.

This is one to watch.

Many thanks,

Time shares for rent

Jason said...

Hi Laura,
I found you on the web. How cool to discover you again. Sounds like you're famous. Nice job!
Give me a shout if you remember me.
Jason (from AZ to Seattle)