Friday, March 24, 2006

Sorry About the Nazi Pedophile Comment














I was way out of line. In case angelgal28 is reading this, I want her to know that I'm really really really sorry. Sometimes knitting chatrooms get heated, and we say things that we don't mean. But, angelgal28, you also crossed a line. When you said that Crystal Palace brand needles were "retarded", you threw down the gauntlet. That's when I pointed out that people who use Bryspun needles to make scarves, tend to be Nazi pedophiles. In retrospect, I see how that might be construed as offensive. And I am also sorry about calling yarn_queen an "alpaca whore". Alpaca is a fine yarn. My point was that it doesn't measure up to cashmere--I don't care how it's boiled or treated. Alpaca is not as good as cashmere.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, please don't sue me. When I go into a chatroom, I don't treat it like it's ME going into a chatroom, but my alter ego, needlewarrior. Needlewarrior, unlike Laura Swisher, doesn't take guff from anybody. Needlewarrior will call a knitting Nazi a knitting Nazi, if she truly feels that a person's knitting style or philosophy smells a little Third Reich-y. But not Laura Swisher. Laura Swisher thinks you're all entitled to your opinions, even if they're clearly wrong.

Again, please don't sue me.

TO EXPRESS ANY OUTRAGE OVER THIS POST, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE AN ANGRY MESSAGE AT: 206-333-0272

No comments: