Saturday, November 01, 2008

Abtastic Halloween















Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals this summer, yet his most important achievement was giving twenty-somethings an excuse to wear nothing but Speedos and flip flops for Halloween. I spied no fewer than ten Michael Phelps "costumes" last night in West Hollywood. The ones who didn't go as Phelps, opted for Egyptian pharaohs, gladiators, or underwear briefs coupled with sparkly body paint. Surprisingly, I did not see that many Sarah Palins, though I have to say the above pic was one of my favorite costumes of the night. Saw a lot of Junos, Stewardesses, hot cops, Oompa Loompas and Gladiators. I saw a couple of Dorothys, a Samantha Ronson and two teams of "Thriller" zombies.

I wasn't creative at all in my costume choice and have decided that if I go again next year, I need to step up my game.

1 comment:

Butternut said...

So what was you costume? Palin? Cynthia McKinney? Prop 8?

I was thinking about going as Bruce Banner pre-Hulk but only if I could find bright green contact lenses. I look kinda like Ed Norton. I also considered to go in black face like Robert Downey in Tropic Thunder.