Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The New Face of Oppression
















In case you don't know, conservatives are the new blacks. At least, so says Rush Limbaugh.
"If ever a civil rights movement was needed in America, it is for the Republican Party. If ever we needed to start marching for freedom and constitutional rights, it's for the Republican Party. The Republican Party is today's oppressed minority, and it know how to behave as one."
I guess accountability, to someone who's never had to deal with it, must feel like discrimination. Whenever I'm challenged in an argument and proven wrong, it's like someone's spraying me directly in the face by a fire hose.

Rush, I'm willing to march on your behalf. Just say the word.

2 comments:

Butternut said...

He was born a poor black child. I really could care less what Rush says about anything, or Newt Gingrich for that matter.

Is Jon Stewart on vacation again? I smell a disturbance in The Force (TM).

tankboy2902 said...

In keeping with the tone of the blog I had a long, sarcastic response to His Royal Windiness but rather than the few short-lived chuckles I would hope you'd get from reading me I'll let you share in the warm glow that Judith Warner's column generates. I love it when an intelligent response leaves me all tingly.

Still, I'm happy to be part of a culture that hates intelligent responses. Comedy would be a rare thing indeed. Then how would we have ever found out about Laura (...or George Carlin or Andy Kaufman or Tracy Morgan* or Dave Chappelle...)?

* I saw some Tracy Morgan standup recently and it took me right back to the streets of New York! I knew he was kind of like that but he could have been right from my neighborhood. Powerfully funny flashbacks.