Sunday, June 26, 2005

What to Do When UFO's Are Spotted...

I consider myself extremely lucky that I happened to stumble across this very important piece of news. And if you're reading this, you, too, are lucky because I'm going to give you information that could potentially thwart a War of the Worlds-type scenario. No joke. I suggest you copy and paste this post into an email and send it to everyone on your contact list. It's just that important. Here it is, the ten things you should do if you encounter a UFO. I'm going to paraphrase a bit. Should you want to get a more in-depth, "accurate" account, check out the SF Gate article or visit the Mutual UFO Network's website. Here we go:

1. REMAIN CALM! DON'T EFFING PANIC!!!! SERIOUSLY! YEAH, YOU MIGHT BE IN DANGER, BUT BE COOL. Don't go throwing rocks at the UFO. Hide if you have to. Above all: DON'T MAKE THEM ANGRY.

2. Wait a few hours until your buzz wears off and ask yourself this: Are you SURE what you saw was a UFO? Think about it. Are you POSITIVE? No one's going to be mad if you realize what you saw was a helicopter, or something from this earth. Eliminate every other possibility.

3. STOP STARING AT THE THING SLACK-JAWED AND GET YOUR G-DAMN CAMCORDER! What? You think your description is going to be enough? Get PROOF. And don't be all herky jerky with your taping. Make sure to get points of reference, like a mountain in the background, how far thing is from the ground...that type of thing. And don't try and get all Michael Bay on us. Just shoot it straight.

4. If you're, like, the only person on the planet without a camcorder, then use a tape-recorder and describe what's going on. Like, I'm 50 feet away from the keg in my backyard, near the North-facing fence. I see red flashing lights...wait, that's a cop. No, I see green blinking lights in the sky; it sounds like....

5. If there are other people around, make sure they come up with their own descriptions. DON'T COLLABORATE. You do your work, they'll do theirs. Let the experts sort it out.

6. If any evidence was left behind, DON'T TOUCH IT, YOU MORON! Duh. Take pictures, film it, whatever. Also, you don't know where that spaceship has been. You might touch some space goo and then BOOM! Chlamydia of the hand or something.

7. Okay, if the object was spotted at a distance, what would it take to cover it from an arm's length? A penny, quarter, baseball cap, fist. What?! This will help people who understand math to figure out how far away it was, or how big it was.

8. How fast was it going?

9. If you see a space person, hide. But don't hide so well that you can't videotape the thing. Also (and SF Gate didn't even mention this), cover the blinking red light on your camcorder. Space aliens like blinking red lights. AND--and this is really important--if you take a picture don't use flash. This will give the space being red eye and you'll have to photoshop that out later. Oh, and it might alert the creature as to your location, so it can easily kill you.

10. Immediately report the siting to a crackpot organization dedicated to proving UFOs really exist.

11. Post a description to my blog.

Well, good luck out there, folks.

30 comments:

ChozSun said...

I got nothing. It is too crazy for me.

Tim said...

I have a recording of my 'contact' with aliens...but I can't bear to part with the footage for fear of being tormented by my friends. I saw Independence Day when those guys were joking about aliens abusing Randy Quaid! I thought it was funny at the time but not so anymore...and for being such small creatures they are very well endowed. OUCH

Estevan Carlos said...

I once saw a Ben Affleck film. Yeah.

Hey, Swish. When are you coming to San Antonio Texas? It's hot and boring here. Please do visit. Please do.

Butternut said...

1. Watch your cornhole bud.

Speaking of which, does drinking a lot of tequila make your behind hurt the next day?

Estevan Carlos said...

And then there was the time I saw Steven Wright.

Vert said...

Well, I thought was you in the Wendy's commerical. Hmm...I don't know if I would want to run from the aliens. I would take their technology and rule the world. -laughs nefariously and chokes on life saver-

Bridget said...

This is my favorite! I love alien sightings, but I think I'd blow my cool and scare the little f@@@ers.
whatcha doing?
b

Lavfresh said...

Looking forward to reading more great info on your blog, I added you to my favorites and will be checking back often.

My site is about virtual web hosting

If you have an interest in virtual web hosting I would love to hear what you think of my site.

Johnjon said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about web space hosting related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

BTR Beta said...

Free or paid canadian hosting webhosting for blogging service By: Stanley Spencer Blogging is an abbreviation of "web-logging". The simplest definition of a blog is that it is an online log that is organized in... canadian hosting

TWPAdmin said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about msn seo in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about msn seo.
Thank you
TWP Admin

Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hot or not php script site/blog. It pretty much covers hot or not php script related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Work From Home said...

I'll have to recommend this blog
it cool. Well back to my search
for more cheap internet hosting
blogs.

Johnjon said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about clickbank directory related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

Greg said...

Hi, I just wanted to invite you to have a look at my new site TheSEO-rank.com. Here you find valuable information concerning consulting
.

Greg said...

Hi, I just wanted to invite you to have a look at my new site TheSEO-rank.com. Here you find valuable information concerning consulting
.

clandis said...

Considering al netbank ? You'd do better by checking out Fee Free Bank .com . At least a $25 bonus for opening a new account, with bonuses as high as $1,500 ! You save more and get a higher interest rate to make YOUR money work for YOU.

Aussiedx said...

Hello

I have just discovered the wealth of information on the net contained in Blogs. I have also found an interesting site to view about buscando en internet
internet. buscando en internetmoney

Daniel said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**cooling park themecooling park theme

Emerald Web Hosting said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a company hosting web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

Rachel said...

Sad to say I just got back from a dart tournament and decided to log in and do some surfing. I love your blog. It had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on personal web site hosting and have been downloading information for the last two hours. I don�t know how I came across your blog but I am sure glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last 2 hours reading your archives. If you don�t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to personal web site hosting. I am almost finished with it. Great job.

p.s some great points on your site

Joe Berenguer said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
yahoo free web hosting
It covers yahoo free web hosting related subjects.
Have a great day!

Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
web site hosting in canada
It covers web site hosting in canada related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

James Baker said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
website design and hosting
It covers website design and hosting related subjects.
Have a great day!

cash advance baltimorefe said...

Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
visited again!
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your first american cash advance blog.

Derek said...

I was expecting something very very different when I visited your blog site. Well I think the information on this blog is very useful. I have my own blog and I wish I got half as many useful comments as your blog site does. Anyways, I am a substitute teacher at a local elementary school and I am always doing research on various topics of interest. This weeks area relates 75% to your blog. I already bookmarked your blog for future use. If you want my information I will leave my link at the bottom of this. If you don�t mind I will add my comments to this blog topic once in awhile. Although most of the time I just like to read and see what other people�s thoughts are! (hey I am a teacher!)
Thanks again!best hosting package web.

Dave said...

Thank You ##NAME##. Finding quality information on ##LINK## doesn't come easy. Even though ##TITLE## wasn't actually what I was looking for, I have got to bookmark your blog. Your information and personality is priceless!

Dave said...

##NAME##, I think I love you. Well, I know that I'm in love with your blog. Just 30 minutes ago, I was searching for ##LINK## websites and I'm blessed to run into your blog from surfing. Great Information!

Mike Carter said...

Hello,

The idea/notion/concept that is shown on your website, is absolutely amazing. Thank you for your informative site!

Thanks,
product earn money big online

gregger said...

Well I just got back from racquetball and I am beat. I am currently doing some research and stumbled across your blog. Which makes me laugh really. The web can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though your site is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at best has hosting web who. If you have the energy swing by http://www.massinternetservices.com. I try to update my site weekly (most of the time)and maybe you will see something you like. I already grabbed your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Mint job!