Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Domino's Pizza Really into Sociology












The headline "Are You Compatible? Order a Pizza Together" caught my eye. I thought this might be about how couples order pizza together is indicative of the kind of relationship they had. Like, if a woman insisted on pepperoni and mushrooms and a guy wanted mushrooms and sausage, they might compromise and order a Canadian bacon pizza with mushrooms. That compromise would indicate a healthy relationship, as opposed to a relationship where one person had to have anchovies or nothing at all.

Then I read the article and learn that this is all the study yielded:
For example, those who prefer more non-traditional topping combinations, such as pineapple and onion, are most romantically compatible with people who prefer similar non-traditional toppings.

If you prefer traditional single-meat toppings like pepperoni, your ideal match is a person who likes a pizza loaded with meat toppings -- someone who is extroverted.


I guess if anyone is about to get married they should find out what kind of pizza toppings their future spouse enjoys. Canadian bacon people coupled with Spinach people have a higher rate of divorce than two Pineapple people.

I learned that from Dominos. By the way, I know papers really want to find news stories with a Valentine's Day angle, but this is pushing it. Really really pushing it.

6 comments:

VagabondLoafer said...

I’d like anchovies on my half.

TK said...

I'm a sausage and mushroom man myself. And in Canada we just call it ham!

duboisist said...

"Domino's Pizza Really into Sociology" - Blasphemy

Butternut said...

Just order two pizzas! Christ, do I have to think of everything?!

Pepperoni and jalapeno
OR
Margherita
OR
Pineapple and Canadian Bacon
OR
Sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and prosciutto

God damn I'm hungry now. You suck.

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.