Friday, December 08, 2006

Bust Out the Champagne

Two incredibly uplifting stories in the news today: Brangelina's getting married and Rosie is NOT leaving "The View" for "Nip/Tuck". I'm finally coming out of my depression from this horrible announcement.

Speaking of Africa (sort of), I went to the premiere of "Blood Diamond" earlier this week. Blah blah blah Leo and Djimon were great blah blah beautiful cinematography blah blah I won't be purchasing diamonds anytime soon. I believe they sold tickets to the premiere to raise money for Amnesty International, and people from AI were there to say how great it was that Hollywood would put a spotlight on this gruesome industry. I came away from the party with increased awareness of South African liqueur Amarula. Mmmmmm. Those cocktails were tasty. And it's kind of fun going to an African-themed party lousy with Hollwyood executives. Strangely, not as lively as I would imagine a celebration thrown by actual Africans.

3 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim said...

Aw nevermind. Here's to ya!

X said...

I can imagine the fights this will start when a guy says he's not buying a diamond engagement ring because they're blood diamonds.