Friday, December 08, 2006

Bust Out the Champagne

Two incredibly uplifting stories in the news today: Brangelina's getting married and Rosie is NOT leaving "The View" for "Nip/Tuck". I'm finally coming out of my depression from this horrible announcement.

Speaking of Africa (sort of), I went to the premiere of "Blood Diamond" earlier this week. Blah blah blah Leo and Djimon were great blah blah beautiful cinematography blah blah I won't be purchasing diamonds anytime soon. I believe they sold tickets to the premiere to raise money for Amnesty International, and people from AI were there to say how great it was that Hollywood would put a spotlight on this gruesome industry. I came away from the party with increased awareness of South African liqueur Amarula. Mmmmmm. Those cocktails were tasty. And it's kind of fun going to an African-themed party lousy with Hollwyood executives. Strangely, not as lively as I would imagine a celebration thrown by actual Africans.

4 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tim said...

Aw nevermind. Here's to ya!

Vert said...

I can imagine the fights this will start when a guy says he's not buying a diamond engagement ring because they're blood diamonds.

ChozSun said...

When I buy a diamond, I like to know how many miners lost their arms in order to get me this diamond. I go for an off number like 5. That way you know you are getting high quality diamonds versus some dood who cut his finger on the way from transporting some lame diamonds.