Saturday, April 12, 2008

Quick Update

Cnet laid off 10% of its domestic workforce, including myself, which means I'm re-discovering the joys of BitTorrent and matinees. Fortunately, the lay-offs were perfectly timed as I was in the process of searching for a new apartment. Instead of an apartment in SF, I'll be heading back to LA where I'll stay until I'm lured back to the Bay Area. With a little extra free time on my hands, I might just have to start blogging more.

I head down to LA tomorrow to tour my new digs and during the week I'll be meeting with folks to, you know, get more gigs.

I am now off to host a benefit for the USF Women's Volleyball team at The Purple Onion.

2 comments:

FlukeMuseum said...

"CNET laid off 10% of its domestic workforce, including myself..."

Oh, no! I watched you on TV.com's TurboVision literally every day! Well, good luck, Swishy VonSwisherstein, I'm sure you're gonna land on your feet, as they say!
Drew

Tim said...

Year of the Rat sister - it is THE year to leave the Bay for LA; then back and maybe to NY. I was laid off for four months this winter - it was four good months of um reinventing myself which means I slept until noon. Alot. Welcome Back!