Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Si Se Bebe!


















Am I reading too much into this?

Last night I performed at a dive bar in Glendale, CA, a place I've performed many times before. In the middle of my set, the bartender bought me a Heineken. Now, I don't want to say that this wouldn't have happened under a Bush administration...but SERIOUSLY! This would NOT have happened to me yesterday.

Driving home, I came across a drunk marching band in my neighborhood shouting Obama. Granted, this would likely happen under Bush, BUT NOT ON A TUESDAY NIGHT.

Again, I'm going to do my best not to read too much into these things. I'm curious, though, how many other people are experiencing these types of mini miracles? I bet there are a lot of stories.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know, Swish, I think you're being too optimistic. Did you check the beer for rufies? :-)

tankboy2902 said...

Last night I'm puttering around the house, but every once in a while I sit with the wife for a few minutes. So I'm sitting there and they show what's-his-face's helicopter leaving. My wife says, "it'd be a shame if that helicopter went down. We'd lose two good pilots." She turns to me and smiles.

Now, this is a woman who does not joke particularly well or very often. For me it was one of those "exactly who did I marry and where did that come from?" moments.* It was a good evening for us, and that was a bonus.

Today I'm walking behind one of the managers. He's an average joe (well, a high-up average joe), usually serious because he has to wear a manager's face all day. He's mumbling to himself, not something he'd normally do. As I pass him I catch a piece of what he's saying: "Sha na na na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye."

A good day.

I have another story but it's too long for this. All in all, I experienced three moments.

A pleasant day.

* Or, for tv scripts, "who are you and what have you done with Jeanine's body?"

Laura Swisher said...

Jack Widow, please read Tankboy's comment. I'm not the only one who's experiencing these moments.

Butternut said...

Nothing like that has happened to me yet, but I'm on the lookout. I don't like Heineken, so that wouldn't have been a big deal to me. A nice Scotch, perhaps...